Thursday 9 May 2013

Audition Preperation-Monologue Progress Presentation

To ensure that the process was contentious and developing we decided to spend 30 minutes to perform our monologues to our group. We also spoke about our monologues including information about the plot and background information also talking about social and historical context and then discussing the ideas around how these monologues are appropriate for us as actors and how they are contrasting!

I made a plan which referred to each of my monologues. This included the research i needed and the detail i needed to include when i spoke.

I feel this session also allowed us to get a variety of feedback from also our supply teacher who hadn't seen the monologues being performed before. Also with the group we opened up the discussions so not only did the group members individually ask questions to me but they suggested other ideas about the monologue. Further more i feel this session was very beneficial as it allowed me to open up a lot of new ideas about the monologues i will be performing!

I particularly feel that this discussion allowed me to open up more and practise speaking to an audience so that this will prepare me for the official audition. I  felt that speaking openly about my monologue was a little bit of a struggle and i now coming away from the session i feel i know now where i need to find more appropriate research so when i officially talk about my monologues in the audition i will be a lot more comfortable and well knowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment